Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Simple Guacamole

Avocados are in season now.  I'm not a fan of fresh avocados but I can eat up a bowl full of guacamole with chips.

In one of our recent trips to Mexico, I've tasted all sorts of guacamole and the one served at Casa Magna Marriott in Cancun was to die for.

Before I danced the night away during one of our girls night out in Cancun, I learned how to prepare guacamole in Carlos and Charlie's.

Ingredients:
(Single serve) 

1 fresh avocado
1 small tomato
Half red onion
1 tsp lemon juice
Cilantro
Salt to taste


1. Slice an avocado, remove the seed and scoop out the meat.
2. In a bowl, mash the avocado coarsely using a dining fork.
3. Remove the seeds of the tomato then dice it.
4. Finely chop the onions.  (I don't like the taste of onion so I prefer to chop it finely.)
5. You may also add chopped cilantro (but I prefer none).
6. Add lemon juice (or calamansi) to keep the color nice and bright.
7. Fold everything together, season with salt (and pepper) to taste. Don't over mix.
8. Serve with your choice of chips to complement the blandness of avocado.

The very salty tortillas of Pringles was a perfect match.


No comments: